This homemade chocolate cake recipe will forever love by your offspring and household. This cooking instruction is best for every type of party, event, occasions and you can serve it with your preferred quencher and of course, do not forget the candles!
Tuxedo Cake is a peak for your child’s celebration and has an exquisite balance of its chocolate moisture together with its sugary and velvety filling.
Why This Recipe Works/ Why We Like This Recipe
- All the components for this recipe are common on every supermarket—making it easy to find.
- The ingredients are not hard to blend, mix, or put together; it is very affordable and the steps are effortless.
- This dish tastes very delish and soft, and for sure will this will be a crowd-pleaser; the sweetness of the chocolate will water your mouth.
This cake will be an immense masterpiece! So if you do not want to spend much money and want to make a cake present with lots of effort and love, we recommend you try this basic Tuxedo Cake Recipe!
What You Will Need
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- White Sugar
- Cup brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Hot brewed coffee
- Cream cheese
- Whipping Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Icing sugar
- Chocolate instant pudding
- Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Unsalted butter
- Chocolate Fudge
- Unsalted Butter
- Acetate Paper
- Round Cake Pans
- Bent Metal Spoon
- Stand Mixer or Hand Blender
How to Make a Tuxedo Cake Recipe
Once done preparing all the ingredients and equipment, let us now start baking!
Step 1: Warm up the Oven
Start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees of Fahrenheit and use a non-stick baking spray to grease the cake pan.
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients
In a bowl, whisk the baking powder, baking soda, flour, cocoa powder, and salt until they are all combined and set them aside.
Step 3: Creating the wet ingredients
Now use the mixer to mix the brown and white sugar, together with eggs for nearly 5 minutes until they are creamy and smooth.
Step 4: Putting the coffee
Add the vegetable oil, brewed coffee, vanilla extract, and buttermilk, and do not stop mixing. Then using a spatula, blend the dry and wet components gradually until there are no lumps seen.
Step 5: Bake the cake
Pour the cake mixture on the 3 pans evenly and oven them for 20 minutes until there is no cake batter adhering to a toothpick when you poke the cake.
Step 6: Let the cake chill and create the chocolate mousse pudding
Once ready, you can now turn off the stove and have it frozen for a quick minute. Now, get the softened cream cheese, dissolved chocolates, icing sugar, chocolate instant pudding, whipping cream and stir them till smooth.
Step 7: Creating the White chocolate mousse filling
Same with the process of step 6, get all the components for this chocolate and use white chocolates; combine them simultaneously until they are velvety and milky.
Step 8: Making the Chocolate Fudge Icing
In this step, prepare the following ingredients: icing sugar, melted chocolate, milk, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract or vanilla essence. Now blend them as a group with a beater until it starts to get buttery, creamy, and soft—same with step 6, before you can proceed to the next step.
Step 9: Use the Acetate and add the pudding
On a neat dry surface, lay the first cake and wrap it with the acetate paper to complete the circle and you can use tape to lock the acetate paper. Now attach the filling above the cake, and using a bent spoon—spread it precisely.
You can now add the next cake on the surface of the chocolate pudding and put the white chocolate.
Step 10: Add the next layer of cake
Put the last layer of the cake and spread the chocolate fudge icing on top of the last layer. Put the cake in the fridge for about 15 minutes, so that the icing will be set.
Step 11: Smoothing
Once the cake is set, remove the acetate paper carefully and use an icing spatula to smooth evenly the cake.
Step 12: Serving
When done smoothing, sprinkle cocoa powder on top of the icing then decorate your cake with the designs you like.
Once done decorating, you can now serve it with your family!
Note: Since this cake has too many steps, we require you to read thoroughly before you start baking. You can also add a chocolate glaze, and grated white chocolates as a garnish, but that is optional.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to create chocolate curls as a decoration, microwave the chocolates at high temperatures for about 3-5 seconds. So that it will become warm—not melted, then use a vegetable peeler to peel the chocolate, creating thin curls.
- Instead of whipping cream, you can swap it with white ganache filling to make it fudgy.
- If you are planning to store the cake for a few hours, make sure to cover the cake securely.
- For evenly and the best fillings of the cake, make sure you will use a bent spoon for spreading.
Can I create this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can produce the cake layers earlier than the required day and put it in the chiller to freeze.
But the chocolate fillings are hard to create beforehand—therefore you’ll have to refrigerate the contents inside the cake for it to harden. Nonetheless, you may use the room’s temperature to whip the icing and bring it back to its texture.
Is reversing the pattern of the cake, okay?
Certainly! You can double the white chocolate to have white layers or even use your own pattern.
How do you store this type of cake?
If ever you have leftovers, you can set them inside your fridge, covered, not less than for 2 days; this cake should be kept in the fridge since it has fillings.
This Tuxedo Cake Recipe is incredibly the most delish and has the best cooking instructions you could ever made and follow! With its 3 fluffy moist chocolate cakes—your kids will definitely love its sweetness. This kind of cake is a real beauty and tasty!
You can check our different baking recipe posts if you want to try more different types of pastry. We expect that we did a great job helping you on creating this uncomplicated Tuxedo Cake Recipe.
90 Minutes Tuxedo Cake RecipeCourse: Cake Recipes
Easy Tuxedo Cake Recipe that is definitely a beauty and tasty!
- Cake Ingredients
2 Cups of all-purpose flour
1 and ½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 and ½ Baking powder
One cup white sugar
One teaspoon salt
One cup brown sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Mousse Pudding Ingredients
¼ Cup chocolate chips (melted)
One package chocolate instant pudding
One package cream cheese (softened)
½ Cup icing sugar
2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- White Chocolate Mouse Ingredients
One Package vanilla instant pudding
½ Cup icing sugar
One cup white chocolate chips (melted)
One package cream cheese (softened)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Fudge Ingredients
¼ Cup unsalted butter (softened)
One cup icing sugar
Chocolate chips (melted)
2/3 Cup of milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn on the stove at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and oil the cake pan.
- Blend the dry components and lay them aside.
- Whisk all the liquid ingredients with eggs for 5 minutes.
- Pour the coffee together with the other baking recipes and carefully blend the wet and dry recipes.
- Put the cake mix to the 3 round pans and cook for 20 minutes or until it is wholly baked.
- When you are complete baking, let it chill and get the ingredients for chocolate mousse and mix them all together.
- Do it again, but this time, use the white chocolate ingredients.
- Get the ingredients for chocolate icing and do the mixing.
- Get the acetate paper and put them around the first part of the cake.
- Add the chocolate mousse pudding evenly and add the next layer of the cake, this time, add the white chocolate pudding. Add the last layer carefully on top of the second layered cake and add the chocolate icing on the last layer.
- Remove the acetate paper carefully and smoothen the cake using an icing spatula.
- Serve the cake and dust cocoa powder on top of the cake and decorate it with what you like.