For today’s discussion, I shall reveal a scrumptious Dominican cake recipe that any baker can serve with only 7 doable steps. It is easy as pie (dodged a dad pun there) and undoubtedly relish! So, rather than chaotically looking far and wide and high and low for this treat, let’s go and make it instead!
Why This Recipe Works/ Why We Like This Recipe
- It can please a sweet tooth: I am telling you, girly. This will pass the exam for being a sugary thing – with flying colors, at that!
- It is trouble-free to create: This is idiot-proof (as yours truly will attest) to usher to the dessert bar, making it a handy recipe to whomp up for surprise visits or for just when one feels like bulldozing some sweets.
- It is a unique treat: I am not against chocolate treats (I love me a black forest gateau, after all), but they are pretty… well… ordinary. To jazz things up at occasions, trade your chocolatey desserts for this one. It’s simple to make, but also a unique cake!
What You Will Need
Before feasting, the baking. Now, before the baking, the preparing!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Raising Agent
- Dominican Vanilla (D. Vanilla)
- Egg Whites
- Egg Yolks
- Orange Juice
- Evaporated Milk
- Guava Paste
- Baking Spatula
- Baking Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Sauce Pan
- Piping Bag
How to Make the Dominican Cake Recipe
Step 1. Merging Dry Components Together
Using a sieve, let the dry things for the batter (i.e., ingredients a to c above) mingle in a bowl. After that, relinquish them to the side for later utilization.
Step 2. Mixing All Ingredients
After that, get the mixer and jumble components d and e together. Once things begin to look like a fluffy marshmallow in the making, deposit the D. vanilla along with constituents g to j, the dry elements, and evaporated milk.
Step 3. Baking Layers
Get two pans (imbue them well with the parchment paper) and divide the mixture on each pan in equal measures. Then, to the oven it is for them (350 ° Fahrenheit or approx. 177 ° Celsius for thirty mins.).
Step 4. Making the Water and Sucrose Mixture
In a saucepan (medium-high heat), jumble ingredients 3 and 12 and stir like crazy (i.e., until the two merge). After that, settle the hotness down to medium, then usher the solution to a simmer for approx. ten minutes.
Step 5. Making the Meringue
Next, beat those eggs like tomorrow does not exist anymore (i.e., ‘till they become fluffy), then unload the water-and-sucrose concoction on it. As a final touch, deposit some D. vanilla and stirrr!
Step 6. Cake Forming
Once all layers cool down, take a piece and position it upside-down on the stand. After that, permeate the top with meringue, add guava paste in the heart, and situate the other layer.
Step 7. Frost, Decorate, and Enjoy
Finally, it is on to icing and decorating! But, hey, there is no opposition to not doing so and just jumping to enjoying the baked good immediately here, though!
Note: You might have to tweak some times and temperatures mentioned depending on your devices. Do not just strictly follow this guide’s time and temperature. Get a feel too!
Tips and Tricks
- Meringue Powder and Cream of Tartar: Having an arduous time producing this sweet thing? Adding of 3 tsp of meringue powder and 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar might do it.
- Dulce de Leche or Pineapple Jam: Fancy a twist? Exchange the guava paste with some dulce de leche or pineapple jam to shake the party!
- Pineapple Juice: Plan on utilizing the fruity jam as a stand-in? It could be ideal to replace the orange tropical juice with the yellow one then!
- The More, The Better: Whether for frosting or decorating purposes, it is ideal to have more meringue! Better have more than suddenly run out!
- Skip the Meringue and Filling: You can also forgo making these stuff if you only want a naked cake.
- Jazz It Up: Make this recipe your own, and put your very own touch to it! After all, it is a treat that welcomes changes and customizations!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know My Baked Good Is Cooked?
There are techniques to survey if layers are already a-okay without destroying them.
For one, I utilize the good ole toothpick practice. Here, you only have to get a clean stick and plunge it into the baked good. If it comes out unsoiled, it is good to go.
Eyeballing it is also an option I go for at times, though. If layers come out golden brown from the oven, I say it is okie dokie doc.
Can I Change the Ingredients?
This recipe is pretty pliable, so yes, switching out some components for another is possible!
As I stated earlier, one can trade fillings – from guava paste to dulce de leche or pineapple jam. To add, exchanging tangerine juice for pineapple juice is also viable. Even the sweet stuff! You can use brown sucrose in lieu if you do not have white sugar.
One element I do not endorse straying from is D. vanilla, though!
For What Occasions Are Dominican Cakes For?
This sweet stuff is for any happening! Birthday parties, baby showers, anniversaries, or even if there is no occasion! So, go ahead! Feel free to make this sweet thing whenever you feel like it.
There you have it! A Dominican cake recipe in 7 easy steps!
I hope this was able to aid in fulfilling your hungering. However, you know how the ole saying goes: “there is always room for dessert!” While this baked good can undoubtedly be located in the dessert field, if you have time for one more, feel free to check out the other recipes I have for you!
Delicious Dominican Cake Recipe
A delectable Dominican treat to satisfy any colossal cake craving!
240 g of All-Purpose Flour
3 Tsp of Raising Agent
¼ Tsp of Sodium
2 Sticks of Softened Butter
1 and 2/3 Cups of Sucrose
15 ml of D. Vanilla
3 Egg Whites
6 Egg Yolks
1 Tsp of Lime Zest
60 g of Orange Juice
252 g of Evaporated Milk
1 and 1/2 Cups of Sucrose
120 g of Water
4 Egg Whites
15 ml of D. Vanilla
1 Pack of Guava Paste
- Combine batter ingredients 1–3 together.
- Merge the components 1–10 with the dry ingredients and element 11.
- Divide the batter and bake.
- Jumble the meringue constituents 12 and 13 together.
- Beat the egg whites, add the solution from the previous step, then the D vanilla.
- Take everything you generated and configure the cake by situating one of the layers down, stuffing it up, and planting the other layer on top.
- Glaze and decorate.